Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe

This fall, I decided to add some warm, earth tones to my capsule wardrobe. I have gone as far as to incorporate gold jewelry, but I can say the last time I had brown boots was...actually never. I like my blacks and grays. I like my silvers. I like my color schemes the way I like my music in the 2000s. Dark, cold and emo.

However, this fall I'm embracing the reds, coppers, and browns, and surprised that I'm actually loving it. Some of my pieces won't stay from last fall since I've gained weight. I figured by this fall I would have lost it and only have had to replace my summer wardrobe this year, but unfortunately it's too late and I might as well come to terms with my new size.

Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe

Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe by nia-maki featuring trench coats

I still have a few more pieces to get to complete the wardrobe and just the accessories and shoes left on the list. I was really happy with Mary Kay's fall line as well! The metallics are not only gorgeous, but the have lots of browns and golds, and the shadows go on SO smoothly and pigmented.



So far, what I've done with my capsule wardrobe in the past has been the planning of what colors and items I'd want, but this season I also want to give some thought into how I store and organize my closet. The last few years has involved so much moving that I've never fully felt like it would be worth organizing things. But like my weight change, I should just embrace this and have it organized in a way that's conducive to my "nomad" life. It should be easy with such a small wardrobe, right? Who knew how zen this whole process of minimalism would turn out to be?!


"Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity" - Coco Chanel 

No comments:

Post a Comment