Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nails of the Week and identity theft??

I'll start this off with a thank you to JYZ for mentioning me on her award on her page =) http://makeupbyjyz.blogspot.com/

Anywho, so I've been a little busy lately with work (as usual). I've also been in a "spring cleaning" mood, even though it's fall. I've been rearranging my room, things from work, and pretty much everything... and I'm even working on myself (hitting the gym three times a week and eating healthier). So I decided to get one of those nutritional shakes and hit up ebay because it's hard to find places that ship to Japan. Well, it's been weeks and I haven't seen my package.

Fishy? Well get this, I went on to cherryculture to buy some NYX lipsticks and my card was declined, I thought something was wrong but I ignored it and thought of it as a sign not to buy things (it was like past midnight so I was sleepy anyway). Then, I went to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner and again, declined and a message came up to call the card company to confirm my identity or something. Well it turned out someone got a hold of my info and made online purchases! I don't know how much it all came out to be, but apparently it was traced back to Greece, Norway, and Sweden. wtf, right?? The shakes I ordered were from the UK... So I need to wait like 3weeks for my new card =( and I can't use the ATM either in the mean time. Talk about inconvenience... What's more is that Cheryculture.com is having a 25% off everything sale =(((

anyway, here are my nails for this week. One hand has a black manicure, and the other is white. I saw this in a picture and thought it was simple and cute!



So anyway, I'll leave you guys with, please make sure you are careful when making online purchases. I always felt like "yeah these things happen, but it won't happen to me", though I know that's stupid. 
I thought I was being careful and I always check the reviews of the seller... Anyway,

Hope you guys are having a great week so far =)

3 comments:

  1. So sad about your identity teft situation, I had it happen to me 3 times with my debit and finally I just trust using credit but definitely agree it's way inconvenient.

    On another note your nails are looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for you theft situation I know how awful that can be. But thankfully you were informed before any really big purchases were made..like a car or something..Anyway super cute nails!!

    polaberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the whole Identity theft situation it must be horrible to go through. I just stumbled across your blog and am very impressed so you have earnt a new follower!
    P.s love the nails this week, I also do a nail varnish of the week and its so much fun isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete