Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back from Korea!! with lash extensions!!

I'm back from Korea, where I treated myself to lots of shopping, pampering, and delicious food=D

A ticket to Korea could cost about $300 (hotel included) depending on the days you go. Of course, I wasn't able to go during that time, so it cost me about $700 for the package. Although I was a bit upset about it and didn't think it was worth that price... I had fun, and I'm glad I went.

One of the highlights of the trips was getting lash extensions!! As I wrote in an earlier post, I really wanted to get lash extensions... But I was not about to spend close to $200 a month to get that done here in Japan. Our tour guide found a place for me to go and had a car pick me up and drop me off back at the hotel and had a deal of as many lashes of whatever length I wanted all for $70 bucks(car ride included)!! Here I think having 60 individual lashes can be about $120, 80 individual lashes about $150 and all you want was like $170 (according to some sites I checked out. Might be more or less depending on the place). I was told that I shouldn't put mascara on, and not to go in saunas for a day.


The whole procedure took about an hour. I actually even fell asleep when she started working on my right eye... It wasn't painful but you do feel a little discomfort at times. She used tape or some adhesive material to separate and get the bottom lashes out the way and started sticking each lash on.


Before::
After::








Pros:: They were super cheap, and I could go as dramatic or natural as I wanted.
          I didn't have to find the place because a driver was waiting for me at the lobby.
          I don't have to put any make up on in the morning but still look more awake and made up.
          I don't have to deal with the frustration of getting off water proof mascara at night.
        
cons:: I can't go to Korea every month to get it done for that price... and I don't wanna cough up $200..
          Although the end product is nice...the process wasn't as "professional"as it would have been here..
          (you know how the ladies in the nail salon laugh and talk to eachother in Korean while doing your nails?...)
          She was blowing on my lashes... and wish she at least would have chewed gum first... or just used whatever it was to fan the lashes so the glue would dry...
          Lashes would just start falling off as the month ends... and that dpesn't seem fun.


So although I love my lashes like crazy right now... I don't know if I'll keep this up. It's a bit too expensive for my liking... I mean even with the cheapest option it's as much as my gym membership... and I did a lot of thinking to justify paying that much for the gym.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Or should I just find another way to glam up my face even though it would take more time and the use of many products?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous eyes! :)

    www.kingline18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i didnt know you went to Korea!!
    your lashes look beautiful!! but you're right those are expensive and when they do lashes here in the states...they make girls loose their eyelashes and then they look bald ...and wierd.. lol..i think you should just stick to those strip lashes

    ReplyDelete