Monday, March 31, 2014

Cherry Blossom Nail Art





The other night, I was having trouble sleeping. Naturally, I decided to do my nails despite the fact that it was close to 2 in the morning. For those that don't know, it is cherry blossom season here in Japan and everyone is talking about cherry blossom viewing parties. Yes, that really is a thing here. 



Basically, it's just having a picnic with friends at the park where tons of cherry blossom trees have finally blossomed and, of course, drink alcohol. It's crazy that it's o.k. to drink in public anywhere here. It's not unheard of to see drunk men with a can of beer in their hands staggering on to trains or passed out on the streets if they missed their last train home. Talk about safe... Haha, part of the reason I like this country, yet feel bad for the Japanese when they go abroad and have to learn the hard way that (in my Jamaican accent) "life is not a game, boy!" 





No comments:

Post a Comment