Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Big Chop, part dos

After being stuck in a rut for a while, I finally decided to start decluttering my life. By that, I mean both figuratively and literally. For those that know me, I tend to hoard things because I fear of having those "just in case" moments where I'd randomly need things, but there comes a time when you realize that this false sense of security actually ends up causing more stress... This means getting rid of all the clutter, in my room, closet, personal relationships, and just life in general. Simple is more. Which brings me to my hair.




The last time I wrote about getting my hair cut in Japan, which was the first big chop, I still had a little bit of permed ends which still looked fairly ridiculous, but I was finally ready to let it all go (despite the fact that I'd have to live with having short hair for quite a while). 

This is how I came home from the salon. They blow dried it and I had a big frizzy mess. Actually I initially wanted to get it colored, you know, for that drastic change... but they said that my hair was too damaged!
So after coming home I deep conditioned my hair and used my coconut oil and serums. 


I can genuinely say that I can now do wash and go's, with fairly little product and my hair takes much less maintenance without the permed ends. It takes less products to style my hair because I only have one hair texture, my curls are not weighed down and have proper definition, and even though my hair isn't very dense, I have much more volume (especially since I can use much less product).

(after washing my hair)


The only thing missing now is the right cut, since I got it cut straight across. I do wish I could get a deva cut here in Japan, but I actually wanted it straight across for when it grows...for my tahitian dance performances. So I'll just have to wait until it grows out a bit and until then, use hair clips strategically haha. 



My current favorite styling product is Shae Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It does cause some shrinkage (haha) but with no frizz or crunchy curls, it's definitely a winner! 
That, or Morrocanoil on its own does the job just fine! 

I'm finding this road to minimalism quite refreshing. Next up is my closet-maybe taking on project 333 soon =)


No comments:

Post a Comment