Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Road to Minimalism: Summer Capsule Wardrobe

Summer Capsule Wardroble







Summer Jewelry Collection



After starting out with a fashion based approach to minimalism which slowly tricked into other aspects of my life, I can say now that we have come full circle. It's been close to a year since I started out trying to simplify my closet and life. Being broke has definitely been a great source of encouragement for keeping me on track with my minimalism journey, but never the less here we are with my next post.


(Check out some of my older posts below)
Capsule Wardrobe
Having Less to Live More
Spring Capsule Wardrobe

Also check out this site on project 333 if you are interested in minimizing your wardrobe, but need a place to start.


This spring's crazy weather, which felt like an extended winter, kept me on my toes with all the flip flopping between cold and hot... but alas! It's summer time!

This season's capsule wardrobe keeps the same neutral color scheme, plus one pop of color that I find perfect for the nautical summer feel. I tried to stick to the 10 item French Capsule Wardrobe, but 11 is not that bad right?

Now that my job has changed and my lifestyle as well, I had adjusted my style a bit to include more casual items as well, that can still be dressed up or down as well. I think that's the most important part about editing your closet: taking a close look at your environment and lifestyle to see what is practical, yet still true to your personal style.

Moving back to America and living with children has definitely dressed down my wardrobe. Picking children up from school and going roller skating with them in the weekend calls for a different set of outfits than my brunch dates in Minato Mirai, Japan.

No more sexy dinners in Colette Mare in Minato Mirai,

No brunch dates...


I wear a lot more flats now, because I spend a lot of time on my foor... weather at work or hanging with the kids...  And where I was more into skirts, I have added two pairs of shorts because it is just more practical and casual for hanging out at home than a cute skirt would be for an to...say the park, with the nuggets. 


Now that I've edited my summer capsule wardrobe, which does not include my work clothes or basics (or pjs, work out clothes etc) I'm ready to move on to my room!

I would like to have a simple, minimalist inspired room that's organized and clutter free, definitely the opposite of what it currently looks like, haha... 


No comments:

Post a Comment