Friday, September 25, 2015

My Road to Minimalism: Fall Capsule Wardrobe

It's officially fall. By process of elimination, it technically should qualify as my favorite season. Winter sucks balls, summer is too hot, spring causes horrible allergies... Yet this year I notice this feeling of dread as the temperature begins to drop and the day's get shorter. I feel as if summer ended too prematurely, and the fact that fall is upon us only reminds me of the dreary realization that winter is just around the corner. Suddenly, what should be my favorite season -the season with the best flavored coffees and cozy attire to match the perfect weather, not too hot or cold -becomes the bane of my existence. O.K. that was pretty dramatic. It's not that bad. But it also means that I need my new capsule wardrobe for the season.



Fall Capsule Wardrobe







Again, some useful links for capsule wardrobes and minimalism:




The Minimalists
http://www.theminimalists.com

Project 333
http://theproject333.com

15 Minimalist Hacks to Maximize Your Life
http://www.buzzfeed.com/morganshanahan/minimalist-hacks-to-maximize-your-life#.gpyLw5zP

The Minimalist Mom: a Rich Life with Less Stuff


http://www.theminimalistmom.com


Also, feel free to take a look at some of my old posts on the matter to follow a bit of my journey...

My Road to Minimalism: A Capsule Wardrobe

My Road to Minimalism: Having Less to Live More

My Road to Minimalism: Spring Capsule Wardrobe




As usual, I am sticking to my basic neutrals with a heavier emphasis on blacks and grays. For fall, I decided my pop of color to be the plum color seen in the skirt and shoes below (I also have a convertible dress and blouse in this color to add into the wardrobe). For a fun, trendy piece I decided to go with the blue plaid top, which may seem out of place in my classic, minimalist wardrobe...but none the less offered something different I thought would be fun to layer with sweaters this season.

The total amount of clothing I am trying to stick to:

Sweaters: 4
Tops: 5
Pants:5
Skirts: 3
Dresses: 3

That's a total of 20!!

And as you know, for those who have read the links above or know about project 333 or capsule wardrobes, this does not include basics like t-shits and tank tops, workout clothes, outerwear, lounge wear, etc.

Granted, I wear all black for work, the times that I will have to wear whatever I want are limited, which makes this easier for me... But this is all about your personal lifestyle and what works for your own self.

Cutting back on needless shopping is not only kind to your wallet, but it helps you refine your style to only what is true to your personal style, flattering to your body, and only leaves room for what you really love to be in your closet. No clutter, no time wasted on deciding what to wear, and all it takes is a little thought ahead of time and organization to achieve it.




“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ― Clare Boothe Luce

No comments:

Post a Comment