Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pervs on Trains in Japan

Many friends of mine who live in the US don't believe me when I say that train rides during rush hour are horrible.
For one, I'm sure you have seen the youtube videos of people being physically being pushed by white gloved men into train cars just so they will all fit. Yes, that is true. Especially with the train lines that stop at major station, oh yeah, sardines much?
 I pulled one up from youtube in case you haven't seen it.
So there are many things I can tell you that go on in those trains.
1. Breath. People have the worst breath in there I swear!!! And it's bad enough that I'm all about the same hight as them, so there's no where to escape...
2. Farts. Farting is not such a bad thing here, apparently. Kids, adults, anyone just farts in public shamelessly... No one says anything about it... and when you are on express trains with stops every 20 mins or so... well being trapped in a train car full of various odors is no fun thing...
3. PERVERTS. Yes, there are some men who like to grind on you in the trains or grab at you when you are stuffed in the trains... It has happened to me many times. I can tell you the many horrible things that went on because I just couldn't move out the way and to be honest froze with fear...=(..pathetic, huh...
anyway, for those that didn't believe me.... Here's a sign on trains that discourage stalkers and perverts from well...stalking and being perverts lol.

Basically saying they don't allow/forgive/permit perverts. That it leaves a deep wound in the victims hearts... 

The fact that they have so many signs like this on trains and other areas where they warn you of chikans (perverts) makes me smh.. 

Gotta love that "NO!" on that man though...

2 comments:

  1. omg i laughed so hard. I thought the toronto subways are really bad already but to see the staffs help push the people in? that is a new level! poor citizens who have to take the subway... and the pervert thing kinda happens in HK too but dont be frozen! I'd elbow them real hard... if there's room to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about this type of rush hour! I was in Tokyo last year and gosh, did I make it an effort to avoid these times! Luckily I only ran into it once but still, it was mad crazy and the gap between the train and platform is HUGE!! I kept thinking that my flats were going to fall through!

    ReplyDelete