Friday, July 8, 2011

Random Haul

I'm not sure if I have told you this, but I'm going to be doing make up on about 12 girls for an event next week.
So for the last week I have been stocking up on things that I think I will be needing for the whole event. It's definitely a bit nerve racking when I think about the amount of girls I will have make up in a given time and that... well it's my first time being the make up artist for a event lol!
So I have hauls from camera ready cosmetics, coastal scents, cherryculture, and professional makeup supplies some time soon!

Today is a bit of a random haul of things from donki ho-te, (not sure how to spell it in english)

I have some old favorites and new things that I'm happy with!
So first I got these makeup sponges, I thought the English text was too funny!!! 
I've been having a hard time finding make up supply stores in Japan, as in places where I can get disposables, etc. So i thought it was funny that they mentioned makeup artists like these... So I thought I'd give it a try.




The next two things were actually in the nails area, but I needed a spatula (again, so hard to find) to scoop up foundation, concealer, etc. The dotter is gonna be used for glue (will be putting on gems on their faces) and also I've been wanting one for my nail art =). 



Next, I needed make up removers and some type of cleaner. I looked through so many things, but didn't want a big bottle I wasn't gonna use up (for a lonnnnnng time at least) and I needed something that I can use with out a sink. So I read all the labels and found that these wipes can actually be used to remove all make up, then from there you can simple move on to the toner and moisturizer. BAM! No need to wash face, or wash off the make up remover. It also says it that doesn't leave that sticky feeling etc, so I will be testing them out to see whether they will be good for that event.


The next thing I got isn't for the event: it's a "hair cologne/fragrance" as they call them here. So basically especially in summer, we all sweat. I have fairly long hair, and I work with kids (we go play outside, etc) and so throughout the day I don't like it if my hair goes from smelling like shampoo to stank. yes, stank. 

So I used to use this hair cooling spray last summer, but I can't seem to find them in stores yet. So I settled for this "hair fragrance". It doesn't leave my scalp cool, but my hair should smell good and sweet all day now =)


Here is my old favorite deep conditioning hair mask. I decided that since it's summer, I'll go back to using this one because I feel like the scent is so summery and of course, I love the way my hair feels when I use it.


This may be a bit random, but they are cotton pads. Believe it or not, since I came to Japan, I've been using American cotton pads. For some reason, the Japanese one's didn't cut it and they were pricey! but I saw a two pack for about 3 bucks and thought I'd finally give it a try because I'm running out of my American ones. 


and I love it. It has these really smooth covering yet can grip onto and wipe off the dirt/whatever you are wiping off. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels way better than what I used to use! New fav!!



That sums up my haul and mini review/description. I'll be posing on my other hauls soon. I'm still waiting on my cherry culture order =(

And of course, I still have more to buy =P I'm such an addict, this is not good!!! 

I have a question for you guys though. I need a train case or something, but I'm not sure I want to spend 100 bucks on it, especially if I'm just doing 1 event and don't know if I'll ever be doing another. Any type of alternative bags or recommendation would be really appreciated!!!


3 comments:

  1. So lucky!!! I love donki T^T it was such a magical place~ Great haul can't wait to see photos from the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never tried the spatula hahaha interesting :D

    ReplyDelete