Sunday, July 24, 2011

My first gig being a "mua"

So it was really crazy, as you can imagine.
I did the make up for the models in a promotional event a few weeks ago. I've been meaning to post about it, but so much has happened in the last few weeks.
Anyway, 
the location was really nice, the people were cool, music was pumping, etc....
But before all of that, it was a fiasco getting things together. 

Of course, it was a great learning experience for me and I am now prepared to handle things better the next chance I get! 

The product were were promoting, if you cannot tell are these slippers full of bubbles that are all the rage in Korea and other parts of Asia. And now it has come to Japan!! lol

Yea, at first I thought the bubbles were a bit O.D.... but they have indeed grown on me now. So anyway, I was told to do a "bubble inspired look", to make it dramatic, and colorful....
So here were the looks that I had practiced/played around with a few weeks before the event.
They were "rough drafts" so please don't mind the eyelash that's falling off etc lol!!!





Unfortunately, somehow as with all events, the schedules got a bit mixed up and crazy and I was given about an hour to do a dozen girls' make up!! Luckily the girls were all so helpful and helped out =)

It was fun and I'm definitely thinking about doing this more often!

Here are some pictures from the night!


....setting up.....


these are the slippers!


everyone's having a good time!


fierce!!!






8 comments:

  1. love these gorgeous makeup...so beautiful..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo pretty! I love the 2 looks!!! Creative indeed babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative with the makeup..Absolutely loved it!! :) <3 <3

    xoxo

    calicoaster
    www.beautydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!! :D you are very talented, dear! i see those slippers here in the philippines, too. and yeah, they look a little over the top at first. but you'll just get used to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun gig! :) I'm your new follower :)
    Xoxo,
    Jyz
    www.makeupbyjyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think you did a great job w/ the makeup and it goes perfectly w/ the event. I bet it was super exciting being in the whole commotion of it all :) thanks for sharing.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete