Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Japanese McDonald's Egg Burger

I tend to forget how unusual some things can be that I see everyday here in Japan. Seeing that I visit McDonalds occasionally  (ok let's get real) a little more than I'd like to... I got used to their unique menu  which includes shrimp burgers. The fact that their chicken burgers are filled with grease and made with dark meat (because they are juicy) became the norm, and their seasonal items like the Tsukimi burger are things I may have already tried once, or twice...

This year, I saw that the burger also had bacon, and that they also had the chicken Tsukimi burger, and though, "ew..." and figured I'd share it with you. Now the main difference between a regular burger and a Tsukimi burger is an egg. They Tsukimi burger also has some special sauce...(mayo? and something?) but that's pretty much it.

Now that, added to the breaded chicken (I'm sure dripping with oil on the inside too) just seemed weird to me, even though I see no logic as to why the first should be any less weird...

Honestly though, they put eggs over everything! Spaghetti, beef bowls, ramen, raw horse meat... the list goes on and half the time the egg's not even cooked (or just soft-boiled)... I just  can't....

Yet here is the video of me eating it haha!



What are some interesting things you've seen people eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment