Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can't even buy bread...

Hey guys.


So I'm still in Japan. The japanese government and the authorities are SO horrible about letting the public know about what's happening or what's really going on. That's kinda why even though they keep saying things are safe for now it's like...really? Like the whole radiation found in tokyo, they were saying how it wouldn't really happen, at least not that fast, then it did. Thank you wind for spreading the radioactive material down to Kanagawa.... They say the ones that came to Tokyo and Kanagawa are harmless. But as you go higher north, they are having 10 times the usual radioctive levels (chiba) and even 100 times (Ibaragi). Not to mention the 30 km radius around the site that's a no fly zone and how people had to evacuate if they lived with in 20 km of the area.





There were some explosions at the nuclear plant over the week. Some reactors caught fire and that maybe the reason for the increase radioactive particles that leaked. They say that the levels are going down now, thank god. but two of the reactors just keep getting hotter so they are still trying to pump water to cool them down. There are only 50 of them now I think, 750 of them were told to leave (which makes me wore worried. Things must be getting worse if that many people were told to evacuate and not help stop the plant from exploding..)Seriously those people that are out there rising their lives when dozens have already been injured just makes me want to...well I really don't even know what I can do for them but they deserve something BIG. 


We were told to try to stay in doors. As you can imagine, food's scarce here in Tokyo. Things are sold out, everyone's stocking up on food. Everywhere we go we can't find rice or bread, etc... They're all preparing in case things get worse and we cant get out. But honestly, if it comes my old unstable building will offer me no protection against radiation. My apartment is far from air tight especially with those new cracks in my ceiling lol...
in case you missed it
The number of confirmed deaths are rising. And even people in Tokyo and Kanagawa had deaths even though we're miles and miles away from Sendai. Buildings are really old here and they're just collapsing.
Take a look at this video ...

So anyway, things are still shaky. We had 2 more strong earthquakes tonight. My job announced we won't be working for the rest of the month this evening. I hope things seriously get better...

4 comments:

  1. Argh this is terrible. Thank you for the update. I really hope you will be safe even with the structure of your home.

    ..and no work for a month.. even worse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. It's all so bad:((
    Thanks for following my blog honey...but now I've shifted to a new site so it'll be great if you follow me there too:)
    Here's the link-
    http://www.chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... Glad you are alright! My aunt and her family are in Sendai and it really scared the hell out of us!! Couldn't contact them at first but happy to know that they are back home and ok...
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ~ that video is really making me nervous. Just stay positive, dear. Stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete